Monday, July 19, 2010

Two Weeks Until Cottage Vacation!!

Mike spent just about all of his childhood summers with his cousins, aunts, and uncles at his family cottage on the Big Rideau lake near Portland, about an hour's drive from Kingston. I can see why they'd want to spend so much time there -- complete with log cabins, handmade furniture, screened-in porch, BBQ patio, hammock, kayak, canoe, boat, horseshoe pit, swing chair, badminton on the lawn, and even an authentic bear skin rug -- it is quintessential Canadian living at its best.
It's been forever since we've spent a good chunk of time at the cottage and it's gonna be great. I want to go treasure hunting in the crazy mess that is Rideau Antiques, go to Westport for a portside lunch, maybe do a day trip to Ottawa to stroll through Byward Market and see the National Gallery, but mostly I just want to hang out at the cottage, go swimming, and do a whole lot of lounging around in and out of the sun with a cold drink in my hand and plenty of snacks near by. I can't wait, it's going to be awesome! :o)


We're gonna be spending a whole week there starting on the August long weekend. Kyle & Masa are going to come along too for the first half which is awesome because Kyle hasn't been there in years and this is going to be Masa's first visit.

Unfortunately, I am going to have to work really hard on the job hunt these next two weeks to earn my cottage vacation, so this is going to be the last post for a while. Bye for now and enjoy the last couple of weeks of July! :o)

1 comment:

  1. Cottage living is the best!! We've had a family cottage for years, and I go there every weekend in the summer. Swimming & kayaking & reading my home decor magazines are my favourite things to do :-)

    Good luck with the job search, and have a great time at the cottage :-)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete