Friday, July 16, 2010

Playing with Flowers

I am not into artificial flowers. What can I say, I got spoiled from all those years working at the flower shop and unpacking boxes of beautiful fresh flowers everyday. 

Although every once in a while, I don't mind a stem of really nicely made artificial orchids. I happened upon these gorgeous pistachio green cymbidium orchids on sale for $19 at a local florist the other day so I grabbed them and made this pretty arrangement with variegated pitt and salal, a couple of branches and some lovely river pebbles (the remains of the centrepiece from Bev's wedding a couple of weeks ago). 

Now I won't have to worry about replacing the flowers on the dining room table for a while! (Besides, I probably shouldn't really be splurging on flowers until I find a job anyway...)

No comments:

Post a Comment