Friday, July 16, 2010

Good Morning!

I'm not a morning person. In fact, Mike sent me an article from the BBC a couple of days ago about how different meerkat groups consistently get up either really early or really late, and we knew right away that I'd be in the "lazy" meerkat group.

It's just that I love to sleep and I need about 9-10 hours of it to feel happy and well-rested. I know some people think sleep is over-rated and totally wastes away your day, and it's true, it does take up a good chunk of it especially when you've only got 24 hours, but I really enjoy my sleep!

I can get up if I go to bed early, but it's lame going to bed at 9:30pm, isn't it? We go to bed around 11pm nowadays and I hardly ever manage to get up with Mike at 6:20am if I don't have to. Besides, when I do get up early, I am one of those people who are annoyingly full of energy, dancing and chirping around like an idiot, and Mike doesn't appreciate the wonderfulness of the world as much as I do this time of day.

So, I've come to exert some of my energy here in order to stay out of his way for a while. (Which reminds me of this T-shirt we saw once that said, "Sometimes I wake up grumpy, other times I let him sleep," hahaha, took me a minute to get it, but I'm slow like that.) 

Ahhh -- it's going to be a great day, isn't it? :o)

1 comment:

  1. I know I owe you an email. BUT, in light of this great post, I wanted to mention a great article in Real Simple this month. It's about how awesome napping is. I'm a big nap fan, but Pete doesn't quite get the appeal. I tried finding the article online, but it must be a mag only feature. If you remember, go get an August Real Simple. You'll love it anyway!

    Thanks for the bday wishes, email coming soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete