Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Bev & Ty's Wedding

We had such a lovely time at Bev & Ty's wedding at the Ancaster Old Mill on Saturday. The weather could not have been better and the wedding was beautiful (*tear*). Here's a picture of the happy couple just after the ceremony in the garden chapel.

Bev was in Mike's Civil Engineering class at Queen's. Technically they're SCI '06s but both did an internship--Bev with Bantrel in Calgary where she met Ty and Mike with Halsall in Toronto--so we all ended up graduating in '07. 

When we moved to Oxford, Bev and I sort of became modern-day pen pals--yeah it sounds lame, but it's actually really cool (yeah ok it still sounds lame)--and exchanged e-mails of all the little things that were going on in our lives on either side of the Atlantic. 

We hitched a ride to Hamilton with Amy & Andrea (also engineers, they're quite a clique, these iron ring types) who were both Bev's housemates back in Kingston and are those smart-beautiful-successful-and-yet-still-super-fun-and-cool types that you would just love to hate but can't. 

We had a great time hanging out with them and they did a wonderful job as co-emcees at the wedding. Andrea was heading back to Calgary today and we owe Amy a visit and a beer sometime down in the Distillery District where she lives.


Now, I know it's a cliché to say "what a small world" but sometimes it really is. In the elevator at the Sheraton we bumped into our high school teachers who were also guests at Bev & Ty's wedding! Mr. Crozier was my Grade 10 math teacher and Mme. Crozier taught French at Bayridge as well. It just so happens that Mr. Crozier was Bev's dad's roommate at Queen's when they took Phys Ed. together and have been close friends ever since and Mme. Crozier came along to play her beautiful harp at the ceremony. They make such a cute couple and it was so random and lovely to see them. Just before they left, I told Mme. Crozier that I used to have a little crush on Mr. Crozier way back when, to which she replied, "I still do!" (*aww*)

 
Since Bev & Ty both live and work in Calgary, we never got to meet Ty until now. They are so perfect for each other it's ridiculous and we are so happy for them. Maybe someday we'll end up in the same area code again and can see each other all the time!

These two spoiled brats are off in Las Vegas for their "mini-moon" now (a proper honeymoon in Hawaii is slotted for September) and we are left with one of the gorgeous centrepieces to remember them by (beautiful white hydrageas, football mums, roses, salal and variegated pitt). 

I love flowers and am really missing the good old days working with Nancy, Paula, & Marisa at the Flower Market in Kingston. I can't resist the urge to buy some for myself every once in a while (Mike says I'm too picky when it comes to flowers so that's why he won't buy me any) but I wish we could have flowers in the house all the time. Maybe one day when we are rich I can just stay at home all day and play with flowers...

I love weddings too, they are so wonderful. I so wish that we could get married again but Mike says no (I know, right, he's so negative). We'll see if I can't convince him otherwise. In the meantime, I can't wait for Sarah & Richard to get married next year (Cape Town in March!!!) and for Kyle & Masa's wedding in Ljubljana at the end of August!! Both are going to be absolutely amazing!! :o)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to know about your showy wedding. Amazing photographer was hired for my sister's bridal day too. It was a grand evening with best dinner and drinks. Sunflower theme made it much more special. Outer space and entrance décor was with yellow lights in same shape. Great part was the reasonable packages of event space San Francisco booked online.

    ReplyDelete