Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Last couple of weeks in Taiwan

In the end we cut our China trip short by half and got an early flight back to Taipei after three weeks of touring around China. Mike's ulcerative colitis had started to bother him again quite a bit, and having lost 20lbs over the course of two months, he really didn't have the energy for the kind of high-intensity traveling we were doing.

To be honest I had gone on this trip hoping to correct some of the deep-rooted not-so-positive biases we Taiwanese people tend to have about China and the Mainland Chinese, and sad to say I was not totally successful in doing this so I was actually kind of relieved that we didn't end up doing the full six weeks as we'd originally planned.

But we got to see some pretty cool stuff (like crazy rock mountains and the Great Wall and pandas) and getting back to Taiwan earlier also meant that we got to spend some more time with family which was the whole point of this trip so it all worked out just fine.

Mike & I with my grandparents in Taichung
My sister Daisy & her boyfriend Roger
Mike & Willy shopping for kitten supplies
Me, my dad Alex, my sister Daisy, and my brother Willy

No comments:

Post a Comment