Wednesday, August 22, 2012

At Journey's End...

We came back to Toronto on July 27th after spending 24+ hours either on board a flight or waiting for one at an airport. Apparently jet lag affects people more as they get older which means I must be getting old because it hit me like a brick. I felt like I had the flu for two days. We spent a few days unpacking and getting reacquainted with being back in Canada, then we hit the road again, this time to do our rounds of visiting family & friends in Kingston and having some down time at the cottage.

Mike's grandfather and his brothers built a log cabin on the Big Rideau back in the 30s and they called it "Journey's End". This is where Mike and his cousins spent most of their childhood summers, *lounging in the sun, jumping in the lake, napping on the hammock... (repeat from *). We got to have 10 gloriously lazy days here and it was awesome. THIS, is cottage living:

     




Back in the real world time is flying by. We were really glad that we got to see Steve & Tina get married. Steve is the last of Mike's Queen's housemates to tie the knot and they had a lovely ceremony at the chapel on campus followed by dinner at the Portsmouth Olympic Harbour. I managed to snag a couple of really sweet photos of the two of them:


And now we have only three more days in Toronto and a single-spaced, size-10-font list of things to do and I am so overwhelmed I'm not even stressed anymore [for now]. We have to figure out health insurance, book a ton of apartment viewings, rent a car, sort through paperwork, balance our expenses from this year, renew health cards and driver's licences, do a bunch of stuff on the computer, visit some more people, oh, and pack up our lives all in the next 72 hours.

So, I'm just getting on with it, item by item, and not sleeping until I'm done and we'll see how long I last (it's 3:30am now so I'm guessing 6am?). I think the smart thing to do would be to stop blogging after this one, so I will catch you on the flip side (or whatever side the Pacific Ocean is to you) once we get settled in L.A.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment