Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pacific Coast Highway, Santa Monica, Malibu & Santa Barbara

We rented a Mustang convertible for a day to drive up the coast a little bit. Riding in a convertible wasn't on the top of my to do list, but when the roof came down and I felt the sun & wind on my face as we cruised along the Pacific Ocean, I had to admit: it was really kind of awesome.


We stopped at a couple of lookouts along the way, walked on the beach in Malibu, and had dinner at Neptune's Net, a seafood hut type thing looking onto the ocean.


Santa Barbara was definitely a highlight on this trip: a quaint Spanish town tucked away in the foothills by the ocean. We lucked out too as it was market day on the main street so we got to see lots of locals out walking around with their dogs and picking up flowers and organic produce for the week. There were cute little boutiques and a hippy band complete with harmonica and accordion singing covers of the 60s. Really lovely and I think I could probably handle living there full-time, if I had to endure that kind of lifestyle. ;)





But that's it for L.A. for now! We're packing back up for our 14 hour flight to Taiwan this afternoon (there's a 12-hour time difference so we get in sometime after 11pm local time or 11am Friday EST). So I'll be picking this back up on the other side of the ocean!

(p.s. Not sure how to control the order and layout of the photos, they seem to scramble when they get posted, the app has limited functions so you'll just have to bear with me)

No comments:

Post a Comment